In order to upload a video to YouTube, you will need to start by visiting www.youtube.com and create your YouTube channel if you do not have one already.
Once you have created your channel, you can start uploading videos!
- First, take a video on your phone or camera, and upload it to your laptop or personal computer.
- Next, login to your YouTube account and click the camera icon in the top right corner of the screen with the plus sign and select “Upload Video”
- On the next screen, you can either drag and drop your video into the upload field OR select a file from your computer.
- Include a brief description of the video and name it with a compelling title.
- Complete the required information on the following page and click NEXT.
- Make sure that your video is Public and then SAVE.
- Your video may take a few minutes to upload, but once it is complete you can start sharing your video
You can also upload videos to YouTube on your phone by downloading and logging into the YouTube App on your mobile device.
- Open the app and click on the plus sign at the bottom of the screen. You will see options to create a short, upload a video, go live, etc. Choose “upload a video” to select a video from your library.
- Select your video from your library and on the next screen click NEXT in the bottom right corner.
- Give your video a title and a description and then click UPLOAD in the top right corner of the screen.
For additional information on customizing your channel, optimizing your content, adding end screens and cards, and more please check out this Getting Started with YouTube guide.